There are two main reasons why some companies are hesitant to plug into the Internet.
- They know they’ll be exposing their company data to outside attacks from malicious individuals and malware.
- They fear their employees might get too many distractions: games, porn, chats, videos, and even social networking sites.
One vital component for your overall security strategy against such concerns? A firewall.
A firewall can block unauthorised access to certain Internet services from inside your organisation as well as prevent unauthenticated access from the outside. It is also used to monitor users’ activities while they were online.
In an enterprise setting, one may expect a collection of firewalls either for providing layered protection or segmenting off different units in the organisation. Some areas only need a standard line of defence while others require more restrictions. As such, certain firewalls may have different configurations compared to others.
Naturally, the more intricate an organisation’s defence requirements get, the more complex the task of monitoring, testing and configuring the firewalls becomes. That’s why we’re here to help.
- We’ll evaluate your network as well as the security requirements of each department under your organisation to determine which firewall architecture is most suitable.
- To achieve maximum efficiency, we’ll point out where each firewall should be positioned.
- We’ll work with your key personnel to make sure all firewall configurations are set and optimised with your business rules in mind.
- If a large number of firewalls are required, we’ll help you set up a firewall configuration management system.
- Firewalls should be regularly tested and assessed to ensure they are in line with the organisation’s security policies. We’ll perform these routine tasks as well.
Firewalls aren’t very good at defending against sophisticated viruses. There are much better solutions for malware-related vulnerabilities, and we can help you in that regard too.
Other defences we’re capable of putting up include: